Friday, July 29, 2005

There's no place like home.

So, I decided to surprise my mom for her birthday and drive home for the weekend.

I quietly snuck in the back door of my house, while my mom stood with her back to me probably cleaning the oven or something. As the door opened she slowly turned around and with an awe struck look on her face screamed, "lele!" She had no idea I was coming. Which meant that my two brothers and sister had done a great job keeping their mouths shut, which is totally out of character for them.

It's so great to come back to a place where every where you go you see people you know and love. I went to the movies on a Friday night expecting to see the world. And just as I predicted I saw everybody! I saw my friends from high school's parents, kids that were in the youth group I used to work with, parents of the kids in the youth group. It was an all round good night!

There's nothing like coming home. I love being able to sit around in the kitchen with my mom and sister and talk until our eyes are so tired they can barely stay open. I love the look on my youngest brothers face when he busts in the house after a night out to see me sitting on the couch. I love the feeling of his arms around me as he gives me the biggest hug he can possibly conjur up. Needless to say, I love my family. They never cease to amaze me with their love. They are always so accepting and yet never let me settle for anything less than what I should be. They are constantly pushing me towards Christ and doing their best to encourage me to live a life in His image. They see my dreams, almost more vividly than I do at times, and will never let me give up until I reach them. They are amazing people. I feel so blessed to know them, much less be related to them.

My cup truly runneth over.

0 comments: