Monday, March 31, 2008

Moved.

I moved this past weekend. I was completely overwhelmed when we first started, as stated in my previous blog. Not only was I overwhelmed, but I threw my back out and pinched a nerve last Wednesday and couldn't move for a couple of days. That sucked, don't ever do that, if you can help it. However, as bad as it stinks to pack up all your stuff and haul it across town only to unload it, there's something nice about having a clean slate, a fresh start.

I always clean when I moved, and when I say clean, I mean clean really really well. Everything is dusted, vacuumed, scrubbed, clean. And when you begin hanging up your pictures on the wall and giving them a new place to live (for a while), and setting things out on your nice clean furniture you feel a sense of accomplishment. At the end of the day you can just sit back, relax and admire your new set up. Something about the old feels new again, and that's nice.

So as stressful as moving can be, it can also leave you feeling like you just got a new fresh start, and I like that!

2 comments:

emily said...

maybe you can just re-arrange your furniture every 2 weeks to make it always feeling new...

Karen Isbell said...

I still check your blog and I am so excited that your back! miss you