Sunday, September 11, 2005

All you need is love.

So today I was talking with one of my favorite people in the whole world. And we were talking about love. Mainly loving people, and wanting to genuinely LOVE them!

As of lately, I've felt fake in my love. I felt like in some form or fashion I've been loving people, but it's been a fake love. A love that doesn't come from my love for Him, but for a need to impress. Impress who? I'm not sure. Maybe just to impress myself. Maybe it's a way to make me feel better about myself. Another good deed to check off the list..."love people...Check...whew...i feel much better about myself now." I mean what's with that?!?!

As I was conversing with my very wise friend, he told me that genuine love for people overflows from an intimate love of Father. As I left the conversation on that thought, I of course went for a ride in the car. In my ride, I was talking with Father. And I think just like with everything it starts with faith. Faith in believing that He is who He says He is. And that if our desires match up with Him then He is more than willing to overflow with love through us. He wants to love His people! He DOES love His people! And He wants to use us, His children, to love one another. It seems like the simplest thing that I learned when I had to have been about four. But "love one another." That's just it! He says but the greatest of these is love! LOVE!

I want to love people. I want my love for Him to permeate from my chore to every inch of me! I want people to see His love in my eyes, in my touch, in my laugh, in my tears! I want people to know of His love more than anything else! And I want to be broken for them! Broken from genuine love! He first loved us! And as I think about the cross of Christ, I think of how His body was broken for us out of love for the Father. In the same way I want to imitate Him in my love.

I'm still learning everyday the simplest of things. But I know, above all else LOVE! Because they will know we are His by the way that we love.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

lele, I need some more posts from you or some hang out time so I know whats going on in your life. keep me updated!

Susan Gordon said...

hey lovey! i feel ya on this one gurl. i heard a really great talk on this subject that was by louie g(of course!) and it's from an old, old passion conference (like maybe 1997 or 98?) and it's called "the passionate love of God". i would try to explain it but i think i would botch it up. i think just about everyone has thought those same thoughts/desires about wanting to be a person whose passionate love for jesus (that overflows from His love) shows and manifests itself in their relationships with other people. if you can somehow get your paws on that sermon i promise it will bless your socks off! lots of LOVE!