Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Season of discovery

So, I just read John's blog about jackopierce and I can't stop crying. Seriously, it's uncontrolable. So I'm asking myself the question of "why did that hit so close to home?" Is it because I miss my friends? Is it because I'm just being a stupid girl on emotional overload? Is it because sometimes you just wish you could step back in time to be able to appreciate the sweet pureness of a moment?

There is nothing like being with good friends, who know you, and love you, and challenge you to live a life worthy of the calling! I'm learning a lot about "the calling." I'm actually trying to figure out what "the calling" is all about. Strange enough, I went to the ordination of my good friend and boss, Michael Kelley. When he got up to speak about his calling he said, when he does what he has been called to do he feels as if God stands up and says "now this is what I had in mind when I created you." What a beautiful thought and a beautiful place for him to be. Maybe I am on emotional overload because when he said that tears began streaming down my face, and his, and practically every other person in the room. But there's something about that statement that hit the core of me. Something within my spirit rose up and said "surrender." Surrender what I thought I had in mind to what He has in mind. Even though what I've had in mind is good and worthy it is not what He had in mind. I trust Him to lead me through this time, this season of discovery.

I miss you, dear friends! I miss the not having to explain "my story". I miss just getting to "be." And it's because of you and your love for Him that overflowed that I am where I am now and I'm doing what I'm doing and I'm entering this new exciting season!

Much love and peace...

leland.

0 comments: